Posted on seventh February 2024 by Harry
Erik Allebest is the CEO @ Chess.com, the #1 on-line chess service on the planet with greater than 150+ million members and 15+ million video games performed every day. Erik has scaled the corporate to over 700 folks and $100M+ in income with no enterprise funding.
In Right this moment’s Episode with Erik Allebest:
1. From Unemployable to $100M+ Income Founder:
- How did Erik make his manner into the world of tech and startups?
- Was his MBA value it? How does he advise others on whether or not to get one or not?
- What does Erik know now that he needs he had recognized when he began?
2. Scaling to $100M Income with No Enterprise Funding:
- Why did nobody wish to put money into Chess.com within the early days?
- What did Erik do in a different way because of not elevating any enterprise funding?
- What would Erik have executed if he had cash from the beginning?
- What are Erik’s largest items of recommendation to founders with funding right now?
3. Exhausting Classes Scaling to 150M Members:
- What are 1-2 of Erik’s largest classes on methods to scale customers with zero finances?
- What buyer acquisition labored? What didn’t work?
- How necessary was COVID and The Queen’s Gambit to memberships and sign-ups?
- What are the one largest errors Erik sees founders make on buyer acquisition right now?
4. Parenting, Marriage, Metrics and Cash:
- Why does Erik not care about cash or capitalism right now?
- How has Erik’s fashion of parenting modified through the years? What works? What doesn’t?
- What does Erik consider is the key to marriage? What have been his largest classes?
- Why does Erik hate metrics? If that’s the case, how does he run the enterprise in direction of objectives and output?